There are 8 parts of speech in English language.
Every single sentence that you speak has parts of speech
As each has different function in sentence, they make the sentences grammatically correct.
Noun is a naming word .
It names a person, place, animal or things.
- Raju , Ryon ,Jothi _ person
- India, Chennai, library _ place
- Cheetah, peacock, ant _ animal
- Table, pencil, mobile phone _ things
Noun in sentences
- My teacher is a very nice person
- Ranveer is going to America
- I love dogs, but I hate cats.
- George is very clever but he doesn’t study his lessons .
- It was a small animal like mouse.
Eg: I, we , you, they,he,she,it,our
- Ryon is a very nice friend. He always helps me with my home work.
- She asked me to complete the project by this evening.
- They are good at playing football .
- You have to come to my birthday party.
- I had forgotten my wallet in the room.
Verbs are words that they show an action
Eg : Stand, run , write, eat , see
Verb in sentence
- Rekha ran to school as she was late
- I like icecream
- She accepted the job offer.
- She yelled when she hit her toe.
- The dog smelled the bone
It describes a noun or pronoun
Eg : short , beautiful, old , young, seven
- Fatimah has a huge house with six rooms.
- She wore a beautiful dress.
- He writes meaningless letters.
- This shop is much nicer.
- Ben is an adorable boy
Adverb describes a verb or an adjective. The adverb tells us how often, when , where or how
Eg : slowly, yesterday, always
- Phillip sings loudly in the shower.
- My cat waits impatiently for his food.
- I will seriously consider your suggestion.
- He is always late for the school.
- The woman is quite pretty.
Eg: wow ! Oh!
- Wow! The view is amazing.
- Hey! I haven’t seen you in a long time.
- I dropped my phone again, ugh!
- Hey! Get off that floor.
- Good! Now we can move on.
Eg : and, but , although, however
- I like to watch the T.V and eat popcorn.
- I like cooking and eating, but I don’t like washing dishes afterward.
- Sophie is clearly exhausted, yet she insists on dancing till dawn.
- Bill is tough, although he’s small.
- Though he’s tall, George can’t lift weights
Eg : under , above, during
- The cat jumped over the box .
- Get into the car quickly.
- We are late to school
- The shop is at the end of the street.
- You are standing on my foot.